ANNUAL EDUCATION BURSARY AWARD
The Thekchen Choling Education Bursary Award was established in 2010 to provide financial assistance to students from low-income families. It is open to Singapore citizens, regardless of race or religion, who are studying in government institutions. There are three categories – Primary, Secondary and Tertiary.
From 14 recipients in the first year to almost 50 students now, the bursary has benefitted a lot more of the future generation.
Bursary Award Values
1. Primary: $200
2. Secondary / JC : $300
3. Tertiary (Polytechnic/University): $400
1. Applicant must be a Singapore Citizen
2. Applicant must be full-time students studying in local government institutions from Primary 1 to Tertiary
3. Total gross monthly household income must not exceed $2,500; OR
4. Per capita income of not more than $600**; and
5. Applicant must have good conduct and satisfactory academic performance
6. Only 1 applicant per household can apply. (*Total amount of gross income of all the working people in the same Household. **Per Capita Income= Gross family income/ total no. of family members living together with student)
1. Application forms are available at temple Reception counter or you can download the Bursary Application below.
2. Please write clearly and legibly on the application form.
3. All parts of the forms must be filled in. Write “Nil” or “N.A.” where applicable.
4. Interested applicants to submit the following supporting documents:
a) Photocopy of Birth Certificate/ Passport of Child applying for bursary
b) Passport size photograph of student applying for bursary
c) Photocopy of NRICs of both parents
d) Photocopy of latest pay-slip, income tax assessment returns or letter from employer declaring income status of all adults in the same household
e) Certified copy of latest school examination results
f) Student certification form from the respective educational institution
g) relevant documents to support the application
5. Students NOT eligible:
– Students who are in kindergarten 2 (K2) in 2017
– Students from private institutions
6. Please send the completed application form and all supporting documents to:
The Education Bursary Award Committee
Thekchen Choling (Singapore)
2 Beatty Lane
Closing date of application
All applications for Bursary Award 2020 are closed on 31 Jan 2020 (Friday).
We apologize for not being able to accept any more requests or applications.
Notification of Results
All decisions made are final. The Management committee of the Thekchen Choling (Singapore) reserves the right to give out bursaries to the most deserving students.
Only successful applicants will be notified by mail. Successful applicants will be invited for the Award Presentation Ceremony on Vesak Day on 7 May 2020.
800+ Submitted Applicants
Help us help more people
300+ Households & Families
Supporting families regardless of race and religion
500+ Full Time Students
Inspiring and encouraging learning
9 Years of Encouragements
Continuing the support for deserving students from all walks of life
544 Bursaries Awarded
Putting care into action and support